DESERT BIGHORN SHEEP
From the warm desert mountains, Sonora is home to diverse populations of bighorn sheep. Considered the desert’s most magnificent animal, this strong and agile climber will lead you to a great mountain adventure. You can expect mature rams between 160 to 180+ points.
Over the past 20 years there has been a highly successful management program throughout the state, and our Desert Bighorn Sheep population in Sonora is very healthy and growing.
December thru end of March
You should expect temperatures from 40° to 95° F.
- 10 days of effective hunt
- Transportation to/from Hermosillo airport to hunting areas
- Two experienced guides, backpackers
- Gun permit
- Hunting license
- Drinks and three meals a day
- Lightweight khaki or camo colored (two complete changes of clothes is recommended)
- Down vest or jacket
- Raincoat or poncho
- Light gloves
- Cotton socks
- Two pair of hiking boots
- Personal toiletries, medications (include band aids to prevent blisters) and towel
- One rifle caliber from .270 to .300
- Ammunition (as shown in your Mexican gun permit)
- Safety glasses
- One day backpack (with and without frames)
- Camera and batteries
Desert Bighorn Sheep High Fence $3,5000